Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Dreamer
(1941)
 
Lovely and sweet is a beautiful Dream
But horror and sadness in awakening seems.
Why must it be so? Why tumble to earth
After reaching the sky?
A little bit of Heaven hath I known
And felt and most vividly seen.
Hence I shall forever preach --
The magic word of Heaven must be felt,
Not merely teached.
A Dreamer by day or night
Must build by dreaming, or the precious sight
Will vanish unto nought.
The spire on the castle must be wrought.
O, a dreamer to make a Dream come true
The image must be created by you.
No other craftsman shalt thou pursue,
Hidden in the dream is the cue.
Whence didst thou come,
O beautiful Dream?
Art thou hidden in the Heavenly blue
Or the golden sunbeam?
Must I ascend and knock at the Gate,
Or must I alone unlock my fate?
I shall pursue my Dream before surrender,
I shall plead and woo most tender,
Yea – if need I must – I shall capture my Dream
Even if death be the cost.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment